The 5 Step Guide to Decorating Home
Buying a home is a dream and an achievement for every individual. We all take our time and effort to decorate it. From finding every little piece to placing it in the right place is a slow task but one that is highly fulfilling. A home is the representation of the people living in it which is why great commitment goes into giving it shape. But it is not always easy, especially for those who know nothing about home décor. Believe us, only a few of us are educated in that area. So, what should you do then? How do you go about decorating your home?
As daunting as it may look, decorating your home is actually very easy once you learn the basics of it. Here are 5 tips that will help you bring the best out of your home:
- Know Your Space: There’s a reason why people take courses and draw endless home designs and décor on paper. It is always best to start out with rough drafts instead of actually buying everything and then arranging them. The best way is to start with measuring every room along with the little nooks and corners. This way, you will be able to plan out the best pieces of furniture that will not only fill up the space but also make it look good. Rough drafts will also allow you to change and rearrange pieces as you go.
- Select A Style: As mentioned before, your home is a representation of your personality. This is why you should always take time to set a style of your home like you would for your everyday clothes. This way, you will be able to select your furniture to go with your chosen style. When you finish, you will be able to let the image you had in mind come to life in reality.
- Lighting: Lighting is an extremely important component of decorating your home. This is especially important in the living room. You wouldn’t want to host your guests in dim lighting with hovering shadows. The key to good lighting is identifying the important areas for sitting and lounging where the light should be perfect. Choose an
- Accent: In simple words, the accent is the colour palette that dominates your space. The colour theme of your home is pivotal which is where most of us go wrong. You might be tempted to play with a lot of colours or keep it absolutely monotonous. Both are risky. A good idea is to choose an accent and carefully plan it with the rest like the furniture and accessories. For example, if you want your home to be dominantly blue then instead of painting it all blue, you could keep your furnishing blue. Even better, mix in some contrasting white pieces to make it pop.
- Art and Accessories: Most of us don’t pay much attention to art pieces or just bring in the first piece of accessories from the streets. The key to adding accessories is choosing the pieces that complement your home’s accent and style. It doesn’t have to mix in with everything, but it shouldn’t be shouting absurdly either at everyone who walks in.
If you’re looking for some amazing pieces of home décor for your home then check out our collection now.